I don’t know about you guys, but when I find something I like I generally stick to it. Take this smoothie recipe for instance from one of our FAVE bloggers,
The Minimalist Baker.
knew when they went to create something healing and delicious they definitely wanted to incorporate grapefruit since it’s in season AND grapefruit is extra good for you this time of year with plenty of immune-boosting Vitamin C to help ward off colds and free-radical fighting antioxidants (something Smooth 8 knows a thing or two about 'ya know
) to keep you #hydrated and pH balanced.
This smoothie is simple, requiring just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes
In addition to health benefits from the grapefruit, it also has plenty of potassium and fiber
from banana and apple, which add a creamy, natural sweetness everyone around SM8 adores.
As far as texture, it’s somewhere between a juice and creamy like a traditional smoothie. In other words... light and super refreshing.
So here you go, an incredibly refreshing, tart, sweet and nourishing smoothie
to pump up your summertime days!
Recipe type: Smoothie, Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeds removed (reserve juice)
- 1 large sweet apple, cored and skin removed (I prefer honeycrisp)
- 2 cups spinach (I like to freeze mine to keep it extra fresh)
- 1 large ripe banana, previously sliced and frozen
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Unsweetened almond milk, water or orange juice to thin (~1/2 cup)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Add all ingredients to a blender (including reserved grapefruit juice) and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more liquid if too thick, ice to thicken, and banana or apple to sweeten. Serves 2.
*For added staying powder, add your favorite protein powder or a healthy handful of raw hempseeds.
Serving size: 1 smoothie Calories: 127 Fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 21g Sodium: 25mgFiber: 5g Protein: 2.1g
Leave a comment